Undergraduate College Credit Application Procedure
Based on the structure, relevance, and rigor of the Project Lead The Way (PLTW) course material, Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), as the Affiliate University in Wisconsin, offers transcripted undergraduate credit to high school students who successfully complete all requirements listed below.
Student Eligibility Requirements
To receive undergraduate credit for PLTW courses from MSOE the student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Complete the PLTW course at a registered PTLW school / meet the PLTW Access Recognition Level.
- Successfully complete a PLTW course, as demonstrated by:
- A grade of B or higher in classroom course work AND
- A stanine score of 7 or higher on the end-of-course exam.
Students who do not meet ALL of the requirements listed above cannot be issued course credit from MSOE.
The Application Procedure
To receive undergraduate college credit through MSOE follow the application procedure described below. Please note that missing documentation will delay the credit application processing. Complete applications can expect to receive notification of credit award within 2-3 weeks from reception of the application.
- The PLTW student completes the Undergraduate Credit Application form. Forms may be obtained on the www.pltwwi.org website under Program Quality and Credit on the menu bar.
- The PLTW student submits end of course grades & Stanine scores one of the following ways:
- Verifies with course instructor if end of course grades and Stanine scores were sent to MSOE/ WI PLTW, OR
- On school letterhead and with teacher, guidance counselor, or adminstrator signature provides the following:
- Student name
- Course name & letter grade earned by student
- Course name & stanine End of Course Exam score achieved by student
Milwaukee School of Engineering
Attn: Project Lead the Way
1025 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
A MSOE transcript indicating college credit for the completed PLTW course will be mailed to the student by the MSOE Registrar's Office. Once this process has been completed a request to have additional transcripts forwarded to selected colleges may be made by sending in a transcript request to PLTW.